Win Valentine’s Lunch for Two
Our competition has now ended and the winner has been announced.
Congratulations to our randomly picked winner Sharon Jones!
Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be received via www.facebook.com/rail.co.uk
- There is a pair of tickets to giveaway.
- This prize draw will include all entries submitted between 11am on the 24.11.11 and 12pm on 31.01.12, prizes will be distributed by 10.02.12, for travel on 12.02.12
- Only one entry per person will be counted.
- Employees of www.rail.co.uk and related companies are excluded from this promotion.
- www.rail.co.uk reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
- The prize is a pair of tickets to travel on the Vintage Trains 'Valentines Express' service on 12.02.12, subject to availability.
- Travel to and from the train station is not included and is the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner with the correct answer will be drawn at random and contacted by phone, email or in writing by Friday 10th February.
- The prize must be accepted within 2 days of the date of notification. In the event of non acceptance within the specified period the prize awarded will be re-allocated to the next randomly drawn valid entry.
- Prizes are not transferable. No cash or credit alternative prizes are offered. www.rail.co.uk reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of similar value should the specified prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
- The judge's decision is final. Any correspondence will only be entered into at the discretion of the promoter.
- By entering this promotion, you agree to take part in any publicity related to the competition and agree to the personal data you supply being used by www.rail.co.uk to administer the promotion and for market research purposes.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost via Internet malfunction.
- This promotion is governed by English law.
- The giveaway is open to people over the age of 18 in the UK only.
- This competition is promoted by Vintage Trains, 670 Warwick Road, Tyseley, Birmingham, B11 2HL.
- No purchase necessary.
- Please ensure you read all of the booking and travel terms on the Vintage Trains website before you apply, these must be adhered to in order to travel. These can be found here: http://www.tyseleylocoworks.co.uk/tours/
Rood Photography Session at Leicester
Of course, passengers and our competition winners will want to be able to see the steam locomotive, Ex Great Western Railway ‘Hall’ No. 4965 Rood Ashton Hall and this will be possible at the leg break stretch stop at Leicester.
Following the replenishment of the locomotive’s tender with coal and water, the Valentine Express travels north via the Midland main line through Loughborough and then via Castle Donnington, Burton and Tamworth arriving back at Tyseley around 4.00pm.
The special Valentine’s Day meal in Premier dining will commence with champagne, followed by Shrimp Cocktail, Salad, and Beef Wellington with seasonal vegetables, New York Cheesecake and tea or coffee to follow. Beers, wines and spirits can be purchased (by dining and club passengers) from the dining car team.
The Train- Vintage to use former Golden Arrow Pullman Coach
The Valentine’s Day Express will use the Pullman Car ‘Pegasus’ introduced just over 60 years ago on the then new Golden Arrow train was introduced. This was designed to provide the ‘wow factor’ for important trade visitors to the 1951 ‘The Festival of Britain’ arriving from Paris. It only carried a dozen people who also had their own bar in the carriage so is ideal for a discreet corporate entertainment day or celebration.
Last Pullman from Birmingham
This unique bar-car was the last of a long line of traditional Pullman Cars built at the Smethwick works of the Birmingham Carriage & Wagon Company. Along with the Trianon Bar, the coach represented in its day the height of luxury and was withdrawn from traffic in 1972.
The vehicle’s original wooden frame was replaced with a modern steel structure to comply with modern stringent safety standards and a new interior design was fitted with original brass embellishments adorning the walls and ceilings. The carriage returned to service in 2000 and despite the extensive works retained her outwards appearance.
Vintage Double header and Scottish in Spring 2012
Vintage Trains are running a double headed steam service to Carlisle, out via Shap returning via Ais Gill and on another train in early 2012, will reach Scotland behind steam.